Monday, February 10, 2014

Antonio Yarbough, Sharrif Wilson Exonerated For Triple Murder After Decades In Prison

This story shows that there are always two sides to every story, and illustrates the need for criminal defense attorneys. These boys were only teenagers when this happened and they were terrified. Their fear and naiveté caused them to go to jail for twenty one years, falsely convicted. Read the article below for more information.


Two Brooklyn men who spent more than two decades behind bars for murders they didn't commit were freed this week.
A Brooklyn district attorney decided that new DNA evidence called into question the convictions of Antonio Yarbough and Sharrif Wilson who were in prison for more than 21 years, according to CNN.
The pair were teens at the time they were convicted of the 1992 murders of Yarbough's mother, younger sister, and a cousin.
Yarbough discovered the three bloodied bodies of his loved ones and alerted police. Then cops asked him to come down to the station to help them figure out who killed his kin.
"Before you know it, I had this photograph shoved in my face, and I was being threatened and slapped around, and they wanted me to sign a false confession. And I wouldn't," Yarbough said.
Wilson was also brought in for questioning and, after being pressured, gave a false confession that also implicated Yarbough in the killings.
"I was scared, afraid; I was lied to, manipulated into believing that I was going to go home, if I do tell ... what they said happened." Wilson said.

Read more:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/09/brooklyn-men-exonerated_n_4755897.html?utm_hp_ref=crime 

No comments:

Post a Comment